Trog Bar process fails to close.
  • When clicking red x to close Trog Bar, the process fails to close as evidenced by using Process Explorer. Consequently, an attempt to manually restart Trog Bar fails. Splash window stalls, displaying, "Logging into MS Outlook 2010...". This problem seems to be intermittent. I have not been able to nail down the exact conditions.

My system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with MS Office 2010 32 bit. I am using your version 2010.3.4.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Sometimes the process may take a minute to close, especially if your machine is under heavy load. Try waiting a few minutes to make sure it is really not closing.

If it isn't closing, check to see if you have a lingering Outlook process with no Outlook windows. When Trog Bar closes, it has to release it's connection to the Outlook data. Sometimes these kinds of operations can hang if Outlook is stalled.

If neither of the above helps, please check Task Manager to see if Trog Bar has: A very high CPU usage, or, a high Page Fault Delta.
  • I just wanted to add to this stating that I experience the same issues on Outlook 2010 (32-bit) running on both Windows 7 Pro 32-bit & 64-bit OS's connected to Exchange 2010. My brother experiences it with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit with Exchange 2003. My guess is that Outlook 2010 is the primary culprit compared to others with no issues? --Matt
  • Actually, it's not related to Outlook at all. It happens with varying frequency regardless of the Outlook version. The problem is an error in a 3rd party DLL, which doesn't unload cleanly.
  • This problem is getting increasingly more annoying. Note that I do not have the "stalling at Logging In" error as described by the original poster. Instead, I just find that I am continuously having to forcefully close "Trog Bar.exe" more and more often. Beginning yesterday, I'm now getting errors upon restart of Outlook and/or Trog Bar stating "'Trog Bar' exited without properly closing your Outlook data file..."

Someone responded to an e-mail of mine a week or so ago stating this would be addressed in the next release of Trog Bar. I haven't been a user of the product long enough to gauge when that might be. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to alleviate these issues and an estimate for when an updated version that resolves this will become available.

Thanks,
    Matt